Dubai has become one of the thriving beauty markets, not only in the Middle-East but across the world.
Spa License in Dubai
The UAE has become a business hub that has transformed the business scenarios to a great extent in every domain. When it comes to the beauty industry, Dubai pulls no punches and is regarded as a well-known spot. According to a recent report, the UAE has spent $1.64 billion-over Dh6 Billion on beauty products, opening ways for business investors and entrepreneurs to enter this domain. One of the easiest ways of entering this market is to open a spa business in Dubai. It is well-known that Dubai turns out to be a tourist hub, attracting millions of visitors every year, and the spa turns out to be the ultimate destination when the tourists look for a place of relaxation. Dubai has become one of the thriving beauty markets, not only in the Middle-East but across the world. If you are planning to start a spa business, then Dubai is the best ground. However, before the establishment process, you need to obtain a spa license, that gives you the legal authority to execute your business.
Spa License Requirements in Dubai
To start a spa business in Dubai, the following requirements are to be met.
- The planning department of Dubai Municipality must approve the location
- A signboard is to be positioned at the front of the premise
- Proper sanitation, furniture, and lighting must be present
- Dressing chairs must meet the requirements of 3.0m wide X 3.5m length
- The minimum height between the ceiling and floor must not be less than 2.30m
- Separate areas are to be designated for different services such as pedicure, manicure, henna application, etc.
- Hand wash basins are to be fit in the hair cutting lounge and facial rooms
- Water heater serves as a mandate
- Cosmetics and personal care products must be registered from the Product Safety Division of Dubai Municipality
- The Dubai Health Authority must approve the use of machines
- A cupboard for keeping clothes
- Disposable bedsheet roles to cover massage beds after each use
- Updated Staff list and OHC Inspection form must be available
Documents Required to Obtain a Spa License in Dubai
- Copies of Passport and Visa of the shareholders
- Spa name approval copy from the Department of Economic Development (DED)
- Initial approval from DED
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Tenancy Contract and the Ejari Number
- Approval from the planning section of Dubai Municipality
- A valid Dubai Health Authority License for the staff to be secured
How to Set up a Spa in Dubai?
In order to start a business in Dubai, dealing with spa services, the following steps are to be followed accordingly:
1.Submit the Necessary Documents
To start with, the documents mentioned above need to be submitted accordingly to the Company Registry in order to initiate the process
2. Decide a Salon Name and Get an Approval
In the next step, you need to decide a unique name for your spa business and get approval from the Department of Economic Development (DED)
3.Obtain the DED Approval
Once the documents and the name have been submitted, it will be verified accordingly. After the verification, the DED will approve the plan
4.Draft the MOA and AOA
In the next step, the Memorandum of Association needs to be drafted accordingly as they contain the roles and responsibilities that will be carried out in the premise and needs to be signed accordingly
5.Rent a Shop
The next step is to search for a shop with the required infrastructure and obtain a tenancy contract along with the Ejari Number upon finalizing the same
The salon and spa business in Dubai need special approvals from the Planning Section and Health & Safety Division of Dubai Municipality
7.Collect the License
Once the approvals have been obtained, the license will be issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED)
The moment you receive the Spa License, it turns out to be a green signal for you to start your business. As you can see that the entire process contains a lot of documentation work, it turns out to be time-consuming. To get it done in a faster way the only option is to join hands with a professional business consultant as they are well-versed with the legal rules and regulations prevailing in Dubai. Setup Dubai Company stands as one of the top business consultants in Dubai and can help you in carrying out the same process. Our business experts are well-experienced and can tailor solutions according to your business needs. To know more, do contact us-we’d be glad to assist.