Dubai South Free Zone is a monetary zone around Al Maktoum International Airport. Recognized as one of the most spearheading infrastructural ventures on the planet, the free zone, upholds remarkable variegated capacities that empower a large number of exercises including flying, coordinations, exchange, show, and recreation related organizations. Dubai South Free Zone is one of the quick staging business centers created by the Government of Dubai. Dubai South is a financial stage for development of coordinations, light industry, aeronautics and backing administrations.
The primary point of this free zone is to make Dubai a center of exchange and business and aeronautics. Dubai South Free Zone has been intended to help a wide range of business exercises and make a large portion of a million positions in the area. As of now, Dubai South is setting up to have milestone occasions, for example, World Expo 2020 and Dubai Airshow, which presents sufficient open doors for speculators to set up their business in Dubai World Central.
Launched as the dream project of Dubai government in the year of 2006, Dubai South Free Zone is located next to the Jebel Ali Sea Port and closely connected to Business Park, Aviation District, Commercial District, Golf District, Humanitarian District, Residential District, and Exhibition District. Dubai South Free Zone is minutes away from Al Maktoum International Airport, which provides convenient logistics and shipments around the Middle East, GCC, and the rest of the world.
How to Set Up a Business in Dubai South Free Zone?
Dubai South Free Zone is one of the most practical free zones with the best inbuilt calculated offices. Along these lines, it is the ideal objective for exchange and coordinations organizations. Business arrangement measures in this free zone is like the other free zones in Dubai, however the rundown of the record shifts.
Procedure to Set Up a Business in Dubai South Free Zone
- Submit an application form and legal documents to the free zone authority for initial approval
- You must get a name and activity approval
- Once the documents are approved, you’d need to pay an invoice of a certain amount, and get the license [license fee varies between AED 3,000 to 7,000)
- Sign the approval form to collect your company registration certificate and license. Also, collect lease agreement if you are renting an office
Documents Required to Set Up a Business in Dubai South Free Zone
For a Branch
- Attested and notarized documents must be in English/Arabic language
- Notarized, attested and legalized Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Article of Association of existing company (attested, notarized and legalized)
- Signed board resolution to establish a branch
For a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
A Limited Liability Company can have an individual shareholder or a corporate shareholder.
- Passport copy of shareholder(s)/Secretary/Director(s)
- Legal documents required for registration
- Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Attested and notarized documents in English or Arabic language
- Notarized, attested and legalized Incorporation Certificate
- Board resolution
- Board resolution giving power of attorney to the third party
- Certificate of good standing or equivalent (notarized, attested and legalized)
- Passport copies of Secretary/Manager/Director
Types of Licenses in Dubai South Free Zone
1. Trading and General Trading Licenses
These licenses are used for import, export, and store and distribute the specific products which are mentioned in the license. Import and export of certain products are prohibited under the UAE government.
2. Industrial License
Such a licence allows the operation of light manufacturing activities done using hand labour or quiet machinery such that said activity does not produce waste products by way of smoke, fumes, light, heat or any other undesirable by-products. Moreover, an industrial licence is issued provided Environmental Impact Assessment surveys have been done comprehensively.
3. Service License
A service licence covers activities like training and consulting. The businessperson may carry out the activity specified in the licence within the Dubai South Free Zone, permissible at other places in the UAE only by obtaining additional local licences in some jurisdictions.
4. Logistics License
A logistics licence allows logistics services like transportation, storage, assembling, sorting, inventory management, forwarding, clearing, etc.
5. Education License
Any business which is into education or consultancy services can get an education licence to start their company in the UAE.
Benefits of Setting Up a Business in Dubai South Free Zone
- Zero personal and corporate tax
- Provision of 100% foreign ownership
- Easy access to Al Maktoum International Airport
- Simple commercial lease terms
- Pre-furnished offices and desks for start-ups and SMEs
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- Minimum requirement of documents
- Negligible customs duty
- A wide range of business activities
- Free flow of currency
- One-stop shop for all government services
- Flexibility in lease terms
- Strategic geographical location
- Visas with flexi-desk options