Dubai Media City (DMC) is a free zone that is, as the name proposes, the local center point for media firms, including on the web media, news offices, promoting and broadcasting. It was established in 2000, and has requisite media infrastructure (like fibre optic cable connections) already set up. It has a media community of more than 20,000 people in 2,000 international and regional media organizations.
Dubai Media City has been encouraging the media community as well as independent media professionals in the United Arab Emirates. As per its vision, DMC was set up to create a friendly environment for the media organizations including publishing, news agencies, Advertising, production, and broadcast facilities. Dubai Media City is engaged by Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA), presently called as Dubai Creative Clusters Authority (DCCA) and is overseen by TECOM Investments.
DMC has set up media business focuses to cultivate appropriate ability and enterprise in Dubai. For consultants wandering out in the field of media and amusement, DMC is a gainful base. It's where media organizations can work in a domain that advantages out of the cooperative energy between media and amusement, promoting, broadcasting and distributing enterprises.
What is the need of setting Business in Dubai Media City?
Dubai Media City is a free zone which makes a powerful situation for media organizations to put resources into. The following are not many reasons why you should set up your business in DMC:
- Provision of 100% foreign ownership
- No personal income tax
- Relaxed visa and operational procedures
- Excellent media infrastructure
- Media-friendly environment
- 24-hour support services
- Dedicated infrastructure
- No customs duty on import and/or re-export
- Free flow of currency
- No restriction on hiring a foreign employee
- No personal or corporate tax at least for 50 years
- No minimum capital requirement
- Access to knowledgeable workers
- One stop shop for government services
- Simplified and friendly company laws
Business Sectors in Dubai Media City
Dubai Media City supports many different kinds of business ventures. Here, you can choose from among the following business segments:
- Business Information
- Advertisement & Communication
- Event Support Services
- Media and Marketing Services
- Media Support Services
- New Media
- Non-Profit Associations
- Post Production
- Public Relation
Types of Legal Entities in Dubai Media City
Any media related individual or corporate can enroll their business in this Dubai Free Zone as one of the accompanying lawful substances:
1. Free Zone Establishment (FZE or FZ-LLC)
A free zone establishment can have only a lone financial specialist.
2. Free Zone Company (FZC/FZCO)
A free zone organization is a business element with 2 to 5 investors
3. Part of a Foreign Company
An unfamiliar organization branch is an organization subject to its parent organization existing in a nation abroad.
4. Part of a Local Company
Any UAE enrolled corporate individual can set up a branch in Dubai Media City.
A specialist is any individual who needs to offer types of assistance all alone, instead of under any organization brand name.
Reasonable Licensing Options for Companies in Dubai Media City
Once you have decided on the type of business activity and legal entity, it is meet to get the license after submitting certain documents. Here are the types of licenses available in DMC:
1. Service License
Service license permits the holder to render any service activities inside the free zone. given, the provided services must be the same as those stipulated in the parent company's license in the UAE or abroad.
2. Freelance License
A freelance License holder can start providing services by his/or her own name depending on any company or brand name.
How to establish a Business in Dubai Media City?
Business setup procedures and documents are not the same for all businesses in Dubai Media City. It depends on the type of entity you choose to start.
1. Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC)
Stage 1: Applying for initial approval of the license by providing the following documents:
|Individual as Shareholder||Corporate Entity as Shareholder|
|Application form for the license||Application form for the license|
|Detailed business plan||Detailed business plan|
|Passport copy of shareholders, manager, director(s), and legal representative (if appointed)||Passport copy of shareholders, manager, director(s), and legal representative (if appointed)|
|Certificate of company|
Stage 2: Submitting the relevant documents and paying the prescribed fees amount. You can pay the fees once you select the suitable office space for your business. The list of documents includes:
|FZ-LLC with Individual as a Shareholder||FZ-LLC with Corporate Entity as a Shareholder|
|Form for company registration||Application for registration|
|Resume of shareholder(s)||Certificate of Incorporation|
|Shareholder’s bank reference letter||Continuity certificate|
|Board resolution||MOA and AOA of parent company|
|NOC from the local sponsor for manager||Board resolution|
|RIC form for shareholder(s), Director(s) and manager||RIC form for shareholder(s), Director(s) and manager|
|Share capital proof from the bank or trust account||NOC for the manager from current sponsor|
|Share capital proof from the bank or trust account|
- Signing and collecting the land lease agreement
- Collecting the Memorandum of Association and Article of Association after a signature
- Collecting the license and incorporation certificate
2. Branch of a Foreign Company
All stages will remain the same as that in the setting up of FZ-LLC, except some changes in documents to be submitted in stage 2. The list of documents is as below:
- Registration application
- Trade License of parent company
- MOA an AOA of existing company
- UAE local sponsor has to give a No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Registry Identification Code (RIC) form for the manager
- Board resolution for establishing a new branch
3. Branch of a UAE Company
- Companies that have operated at least for 2 years can open their branch by submitting an application form for a license, detailed business plan and UAE license copy
- The documents to be submitted remain the same as those mentioned for a branch of a foreign company
- The company has to select an office space and pay the requisite fee
- The final step is to sign and collect your lease agreement and license
- Submission of application form for the license, detailed business plan, a copy of the applicant’s passport, personal data sheet, and sample of work of the applicant.
- Submitting the documents to the authority, selection of a suitable office space and paying necessary fees. Documents include:
- Application for Registration for freelancing activity
- CV of the freelancer
- Reference letter from the bank for an applicant
- RIC form of freelancer
- Signing the occupant agreement and collecting the freelance permit