In Abu Dhabi free zone, a company can be incorporated as a Free Zone Establishment (FZE), Free Zone Company (FZC) or branch of a local/foreign company.
Free Zones in Abu Dhabi
There are 4 free zones in Abu Dhabi:
- Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone Abu Dhabi Airport Free Zone (AFZA), created by Skycity, an auxiliary of Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC), reaches out more than 12 sq. km close Abu Dhabi International Airport. It is the go-go business objective for avionics, building, hardware, logistics & cargo, and pharmaceutical firms. AFZA is especially suited to these industries because of its nearness to the FLC Air Cargo Terminal and the Abu Dhabi Cargo Village, its operational hours (24), and it's on-site customs inspection.
- Masdar City: Masdar City, a global hub for clean technologies and renewable energy, is a 6 sq. km free zone situated next to Abu Dhabi International Airport. It was built up in 2006 with the point of cultivating manageable monetary development and related research. Masdar City offers a business-friendly atmosphere for companies looking to venture into the field of clean technology, while providing all the benefits typically associated with a free zone.
- Twofour54: twofour54, set up by the Media Zone Authority (MZA,) is a free zone whose workplaces and offices are situated at Khalifa Park and Mussafah in Abu Dhabi. twofour54 is a media and amusement center known for its creation offices, ability reproducing projects and business to uphold administrations for media organizations.
- Khalifa Industrial Zone: Khalifa Industrial Zone, prominently known as Kizad, is found halfway between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. It is a modern zone having some expertise in the authorizing of mechanical ventures and advancement of mechanical fares.
Business Setup Process in Abu Dhabi Free Zone
For setting up a company in a free zone in Abu Dhabi, the following steps are to be undertaken:
- Determining the legal business structure suitable to one’s business, based on the type of activity to be performed
- Consulting with a local attorney to become aware of one’s rights and duties on registering an organization in Abu Dhabi
- Opening a bank account for the company in a local bank
- Rounding up the legal documentation and company registration